Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
147 Doctors are Online

Suggest some medicine in ayurvedy and homeopathy for joint pain.

hello, my age is 50 female with a height of 5.5 and weight of 67kg the problem with me is that i m finding difficulty in sitting down and getting up.plz suggest some medicine in ayurvedy and homeopathy.
Asked On : Thu, 7 Jul 2011
Answers:  11 Views:  422
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Homeopath 's  Response
Welcome to Healthcaremagic Forum

At your age , joint pain can be due to many reasons. For instance Rheumatoid Arthiris, Osteoarthritis, Gout, Injury, systemic illness like hypothyroidism etc.

Before prescribing, a diagnosis is required. For which some tests like an x-ray of the affected joint, ESR, RA factor, CRP, TSH, Uric acid are to be done.

In addition to this a detail history and details of your complaints ( when does it occur, location, extension of pain etc) are required.

You can take homeopathy safely for the abv conditions..please be in touch with a homeopathic physician , personally for proper treatment.

Meanwhile avoid exertion, sitting on ground, squatting, climbing stairs etc. Do routine work, take appropriate amount of rest to body and mind.

Dont forget to take calcium rich diet, or else calcium supplement.
All the best.


For further enq-
Answered: Thu, 28 Jul 2011
I find this answer helpful
Homeopath Dr. Khalid Minhas's  Response
If your complaints aggrivated by rest then take Rus Tox and you feel comfortable while take rest then Bryonia. Exact medicine can be prescribed after taking all the symptoms.
Answered: Wed, 27 Jul 2011
I find this answer helpful
Homeopath Dr. Ratnesh Pandey's  Response
welcome to HCM
perheps you are suffering from should go for certain test like CBP
you can start with following medicine
rododendron 30
rhus tox 30
arnica 1M 1dose
or visit any homoeopath
Answered: Sun, 28 Aug 2011
I find this answer helpful
Ayurveda Specialist Dr. Manish Rijhwani's  Response
You are around 7 kg overweight
First reduce ur weight by stopping Rice/Potatoes/Sugar/Bakery products in any form
Kindly Take
Tab. Maha Vat Vidhwans 1 tab thrice a day
Tab. Godanti 1 tab thrice a day
Tab. Maha Yograj Guggul 1 tab thrice a day
Use Sahacharadi Tail for local Application

Dr. Manish R. Rijhwani
B.A.M.S; LL.B. (LL.M.)

Answered: Sat, 16 Jul 2011
I find this answer helpful
Sexual Diseases Specialist Dr. Chandra's  Response
please do x ray of knee joint AP/Latrel View.

mean time u take OA 200- in globules 4pills twice daily.

and allopathic medicine (vitamin ) evion 400mg twice daily.

hope it will work. or contact for further for evaluation.
Answered: Wed, 27 Jul 2011
I find this answer helpful
Ayurveda Specialist Dr. R. K. Gupta's  Response
Hello Ms,
From your description, you seem to be suffering from Sandhivat.and you can start following treatment with Herbal Medicines
1.     10 gm of dry ginger powder (sonth) well mixed with 15ml castor oil may be taken internally for relief from painful joints for 40 days continuously.
2.     A confection of garlic and til oil (2 cloves + 30ml oil) may be taken internally and the oil boiled with garlic may be applied over the painful joints for relief.
3.     Heated papaya or nirgundi or castor leaves may be applied over the painful areas. Also onion juice with mustard oil may be applied on the affected joints.
Ayurvedic medicines is as follows:
1.     Simhanada Guggulu: It is available in the pill form 2 pills i.e., 500mg twice a day with lukewarm water should be taken for 40 days for sustained relief. (Since this contains castor-oil, it may in rare cases cause loose motions, which can be controlled by reducing the dose from 2 pills to 1 pill).
2.     Maha Rasnadi Kada, an oral liquid should be taken along with the above said pills, in the dosage schedule of 20ml with equal quantity of lukewarm water twice a day.
3.     Mahayograj guggulu can be given with good results. In winters two tablets 3 to 4 times a day and in summers two tablets 2 times a day with warm water or warm milk.
4.     Mahanarayan Tailam is used for massage.
5.     Brihat Vat Chintamani Ras is a drug of choice given in the dose of 125mg to 250mg twice or thrice daily.
Lastly, for a successful ayurvedic treatment, Ayurvedic doctors need lots of information regarding the disease so contact with any local concern doctor.

If you have any questions or concerns regarding sandhivat & ayurvedic treatment, please do not hesitate to mail me
Answered: Fri, 15 Jul 2011
I find this answer helpful
Homeopath Dr. Pradyumna Shiwan's  Response
Hello !
Dear I certainly would like to help but my dear the information required to select a remedy is not provided by you, though you can start with Juglans. R. Q 20 drops in a cup of water T.D.S.
This is just a palliative medicine, I would strongly insist, you find a good homoeopath around you and take his services , or you can mail me with all your symptoms,
You can depend on Homoeopathy
Take care have homoeopathic medicine,
Answered: Thu, 4 Aug 2011
I find this answer helpful
Ayurveda Specialist Dr. Rekha's  Response
hi,if you are facing such problem then it can be starting of arthritis for that you can take rasnerandadi kashyam 15 ml mixed with 0ml warm water,two times a day(before meals),apply mahanarayan thailam daily
Answered: Wed, 20 Jul 2011
I find this answer helpful
Ayurveda Specialist Dr. Rajesh Lakhanpaul's  Response
There are several reasons for joint pain and from your mail I believe your knee are involved the most. The basic question involved here is there any swelling in the knee joint, does the pain radiate any history of injury. If all these features are normal then the drug of choice is myostaal with maha rasnadi kara.
Answered: Fri, 15 Jul 2011
I find this answer helpful
Homeopath Dr. Rangadhar Satapathy's  Response
welcome to healthcare magic forum
You have osteoarthritis. Avoid al exhustive work. reduce your weight. If diabetic then moniter your blood sugar and keep it within normal range with medication. for pain and stiffness you can take the following medicines. 1) Rhus tox 1M - wekly twice for 1 month2) Causticum - 10M weekly once for one month. 3) Calc flour- 200X - 4tabs twice daily for 1 month.
thank you
Answered: Thu, 4 Aug 2011
I find this answer helpful
Homeopath Dr. Swati Ramkumar's  Response
From your description, you seem to be suffering from Osteoarthritis (OA). This is an age related problem (degenerative) where in there is breakdown and eventual loss of the joint cartilage. This occurs due to wear and tear. Homeopathy does have effective remedies for OA, which would help in reducing the progress of the condition. Complete reversal of the pathology is generally not possible, in severe cases.
Along with the medicines-
1) Avoid sitting on the ground, with folded legs.
2) Avoid standing for a long time.
3) Avoid/minimize climbing stairs, as this tends to aggravate the problem further. Walking on level ground is fine.
4) Mild Exercises needs to be done. Walking is also a very good exercise.

Visit an experienced homeopath who after a detailed case history would be able to prescribe the correct remedy for you. Prescribing online would not be a great idea!!!!
Answered: Thu, 14 Jul 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor