• question-icon

Suggest solution for multiple personality dislrder

multiple personality disorder?
I have trouble remembering things that I do, I have a weird mood swings that my friends and family tell me that it is not me ,I am normally a loving, caring, kind, person so when I get into this mood of being inraged with anger and remember any of it even when I'm not in a great mood and I am in look on moon I still have 3 blackout
Tue, 20 May 2014
Psychologist 's  Response
Dear
Welcome to HCM
We understand your concerns

I went through your details. I suggest you not to worry much. From your description it is very difficult to say that you have multiple personality disorder. People do behave erratically at given circumstances when emotion overwhelms them and they do not remember what had happened. This type of behavior cannot be termed multiple personality disorder, but just emotional outbursts. These type of behavior happens mostly during extremes of anger and sadness.

Please ask your family and friends, during those three blackouts, what was the behavior you produced? Ask them to describe it fully and truthfully. Once you hear it, you should know how normal the behavior is. Or else, please post the entire behavior pattern here and I shall help you diagnose it correctly.

If you require more of my help in this aspect, Please post a direct question to me in this website. Make sure that you include every minute details possible. I shall prescribe some psychotherapy techniques which should help you cure your condition further.

Hope this answers your query. Available for further clarifications.
Good luck.