Suggest remedy for throat pain and bump in palate

Hi. I have been woken up at 2am by a pain in my mouth. I feel it's a bump in my soft palate. On the right side. No tooth pain but a little pressure in my sinus just above the bump. Almost feels like a sore throat pain but does not extend down the throat and is localised to the bump?
Tue, 19 Jan 2016
Dentist 's  Response
Hi..
Welcome to HEALTHCARE MAGIC..

I have gone through your query and can understand your concerns..

As per your complain a painful lump in soft palate can be a pyogenic granuloma or an abscess secondary to infection in throat..
It can also be due to upper respiratory tract infection, post nasal drip etc..
I would suggest you to consult an Otolaryngologist and get evaluated and he can do a thorough clinical evaluation along with throat swab culture to rule out the exact cause of the problem and treat you accordingly..
You can be advised to take antibiotics like Amoxicillin, anti-inflammatory painkiller like Motrin, do warm saline gargles..
You can suck throat lozenges as it will soothe the throat..
Gargle with a numbing mouthwash to relieve pain..
You should take a soft diet and avoid spicy and hard foods to prevent further irritation and pain in the lump..
Drink plenty of warm water..

Hope this information helps..

Thanks and regards.
Dr.Honey Nandwani Arora.