Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
142 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

Suggest remedy for swelling and redness of the penis from a sulfa drug

i gave my boyfriend one IP 272 (Sulfamethoxazole and trimethoprim DS 800 mg / 160 mg) mistaking it for an IB profen he is allergic to sulfa how to treat allergic reaction its one his penis its has made it very large,red and swollen he wont go to the doc how can i help him
Tue, 25 Nov 2014
Report Abuse
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Welcome to HCM
I am Dr Rakesh Sharma answering your query.
I can understand your concern.
Apply some soothing lotion.
Take anti allergy medicine like cetirizine.
see a doctor if not improved.
Hope this helps.
Good luck.
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

I am a man who took sulfa drug for a prostrate problem, then had hernia surgery almost 2 weeks ago. I now have a red rash on my groin area and red...