Suggest remedy for soreness in ear,nose and throat

One/both of my ears have been plugged since summer - sounds are as if I have earmuffs on. For the past two weeks I cannot smell or taste anything. Strep in September. Tightness in my neck/throat - not sore anymore, but feels strained when I talk. Feels/sounds like when I have strep, but without the pain. Sore nostrils - hurts to wipe when my nose runs.
Mon, 6 Apr 2015
ENT Specialist 's  Response
Hi

Welcome in H.C.M.

I understand your concern and your clinical history clearly indicates that you are having persistent upper respiratory tract infection involving your nose, sinuses and throat with eustachian tube dysfunction.

You should consult your ENT doctor for thorough examination and necessary investigations to make diagnosis that may be finally planed for treatment.

Till you are waiting for specialist you may take-

1- Steam inhalation and warm saline gargling.

2- Tab paracetamol.

3- Anti histaminic.

4- Antibiotics (preferably broad spectrum).

Wishing for your speedy recovery.

Thanks for consulting H.C.M.