Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

173 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

Suggest remedy for rheumatoid arthritis

I am 47yrs old suffering from Rheumatoid Arthritis for the last 15yrs. I under went Total knee replacement on 20th May . I was told to stop RA Medicine.After about 3 months on the advice of my orthopaedician,I restarted my RA medicine but after few days I got burning and pus in my knees.I had to stop the medicine and start Antibiotics. Now I am scared to start RA medicine because of wound or pus in my knees.MY orthopaedician prescribed me GABANEURON and told me to start with RA medicine .Pls advise me what to do and what is GABANEURON for ?
Mon, 3 Nov 2014
Report Abuse
Pain Medicine & Palliative Care Specialist 's  Response
Methotrexate is treatment of choice in rheumatoid arthritis.but in your case you have undergone TKR. Thats why you are getting pus and pain.. . the wound is infected. you have to send pus for culture and sensitivity, and you have to use sensitive antibiotic and i and D procedure.
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

my mom is suffering from severe Rheumatoid Arthritis problem..she is complaining severe pain in each n every joint..her age is 58, height is 5-5, she is hypertensive, a known case of hypothyrodism n operated for knee joints a year back..please let me know about some good rheumatologist in nasik or mumbai

doctor1 MD

My wife (aged 31) who has active Rheumatoid arthritis since age 17 has not conceived for the second time. She is 7 months pregnant now. Recently, her right knee started flaring up and filled with liquid and she can barely straighten her leg or walk.In previous similar situations, the doctor usually extracts the fluid with a needle and replaces it with diprofose solution. However, in her current pregnant situation is it okay to take diprofose directly into the knee ?She is in intense suffering and a quick answer would be highly appreciated :) Thanks for this awesome free health service :)

doctor1 MD

hi i am a 24 year old . i have Juvenile rheumatoid arthritis in my both wrist. i have been working out in the gym for one year and i feel much better i have been taking protein powder and amino acid supplements...and now i am taking supplement calls A-HD was designed to support increased Testosterone .MY Question is would it help if i take this kind of supplement?