• question-icon

Suggest remedy for prolonged fever

my son had fever with soar throat pain regular flu symtoms and the dr gave hime antibiotics and the fever headaches remained after four days again we went back to the doctor and this time his blood was taken and he was given tamiflu and the symptoms persisted even after taking tami flue so I called the dr. back he said the reuslts came back negative for mono and some other test are due back. He had fever for total of 12 days straight. He was sweating and getting dehydrated and he has no appettite. My son is healthy and just turned 18 and he still feels light headed and has no energy and when ever he goes outside he comes back with chills and fever.
Wed, 20 Aug 2014
HI
Well come to HCM
From the all history given here I could say that certain test are there that are and that need to be done and these are X-ray study of chest, serum Widal test, ESR, till then just Tab Acetaminophen can be given in febrile condition, that is the advise I could give, otherwise in such case clinical examination is must, for a clinical diagnosis, hope this helps.