Suggest remedy for persistent sore throat and pain in ears

I keep getting a sore throat on and off for the past 3 weeks. One day it hurts so much I cannot swallow or talk and I feel weak, then the next day I m perfectly fine. There does not seem to be any sinus congestion accopanied with it and I know it is not mono because I ve already had that. Someimes my ears will hurt as well, please help
Fri, 11 Jun 2021

Alternative pain in throat making swallowing so difficult but the next days becomes normal and this cycle is repeated means the most probable cause is allergic in nature.
Hence I would advise you the following:
- Take a course of an antihistamine for 2 weeks.
- If you are not diabetic then a tapering course of a oral steroids helps further.
- Finds the factors, the foods and beverages that instigate the problem or enhance the symptoms and avoid all these at any cost. Prevention is better than cure.
- Consult an allergist or an ENT Surgeon for proper clinical evaluation, examination, relevant test of blood including IgE, Eosinophil count, CT scan of sinuses and any others to find additional diagnosis and have additional prescription based treatment if required.

Take care. Hope I have answered your question. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. T. Chandrakant, General Surgeon