Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
128 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

Suggest remedy for perforated eardrum

Hello Sir, In mother ear some kind of liquid was coming out then she took a medicine by which liquid get stop but doctor says there is presence of hole in the ear and they have to do operation and after that they will fit ear machine for the whole life so i want that is there any another possibility of getting relief from this diseases (without operation or without attachment of ear machine
Wed, 2 Dec 2015
Report Abuse
Dentist 's  Response
Hi Dear,

Welcome to HCM.

Understanding your concern. As per your query you have liquid discharge from ear which could be due to ear infection , trauma , swimmer’s ear, excessive fluid accumulation and otitis externa. I would suggest you to consult ENT specialist for proper examination to rule out condition like meniere's disease without any delay so that further complications can be prevented . Doctor will examina with otoscope , order CT scan , blood test , MRI or check vitals . Doctor may prescribe antibiotics ( gentamicin ) , sedatives , anti inflammatory and supplement like gingko biloba . Doctor may consider surgery only after proper examination . For now keep your head elevated while sleeping and apply warm dry compresses to external ear .

Hope your concern has been resolved.

Get Well Soon.
Best Wishes,
Dr. Harry Maheshwari
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

sound from ear makes me discomfort. i dont have fluid drain from ear (Dont know whether fluid is inside or not) , unable to hear low volume....