Suggest remedy for painful legs duringoesteoarthritis

My husband has osteoarthritis in his knees, but when he s been on his legs all day and after going to bed, the bottom(from the knee down) portion of his legs throbs and aches. He is in terrible pain and it has been like this for several months 90 percent of the time (at night). It is not a restless leg feeling, they aren t jumpy - actually pain in his legs.
Mon, 3 May 2021

The symptoms seem to be related to osteoarthritis. I recommend using anti inflammatory medications such as Acetaminophen to relieve the inflammation. I also suggest using cold compresses for local application. If the symptoms continue, I suggest to consult a rheumatologist.

Take care. Hope I have answered your question. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Dorina Gurabardhi, General & Family Physician
Orthopaedic Surgeon Dr. Praveen Tayal's  Response

The pain in the legs is related to osteoarthritis. Mild pain killers, hot compress, joint lubricant supplements will help a lot in reducing the pain.

Dr. Praveen Tayal, Orthopedic Surgeon