Suggest remedy for pain in throat

Hi, my name is Ryan. I just started having a mildly aching pain in my throat earlier this afternoon. It hurts to swallow and to yawn. I m not why this is happening but I think I may have stretched a neck muscle. The pain is at the bottom of my neck. Please email me with any thoughts you might have. Thank you!
Thu, 4 Sep 2014
ENT Specialist 's  Response
hello

It is unlikely that muscle stretch will cause pain while swallowing and it is more possible that the pain may be due to an early infection. Please avoid cold food and gargle with warm salt water 2-3 times a day . it will help!

Thanks