Suggest remedy for pain and blockage in the ear

hi, I have mucus in my sinuses, after rinsing with salted water I was blowing my nose too hard and my right ear popped. Now I have pain in my ear and it feels like it s blocked. Is there anything I can do about it and how long it s gonna take to get back to normal? Thank You
Tue, 15 Sep 2020

Blowing the nose has forced the air an mucus in nose to push through the Eustachian tube to the middle ear. This is a part of ear that is directly connected to the nose for need of air. Eustachian tube is normally closed and opens only to allow the air when the internal middle ear pressure is reduced.

I would advise you the following in such a situation:
- Take an anti-inflammatory medicine like Ibuprofen if it suits you.
- Oral decongestant and nasal decongestant drops.
- Stop blowing the nose strictly.
- Consult an ENT Surgeon for clinical evaluation, exact examination so that an added treatment can be done.
- It may take 3 days to 3 weeks for recovery depending upon the after effects of the problems.

Take care. Hope I have answered your question. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. T. Chandrakant, General Surgeon