My husband has been diagnosed with microscopic colitis from a test he took from an entergastrologist in IL. The doctor prescribed a steroid for him for one month. We returned to him & told him that the steroid definitely work. The doctor gave him another months worth to make sure it would not come back. Needless to say, the steroid is very expensive
& has placed my husband in the doughnut whole. After the summer, we returned to Florida
where we live.
My husband's symptoms seem to have come back. He doesn't want to go to our doctor because of the cost of being in the doughnut whole. Is it safe for him to wait until Medicare will help pay the medical bills or are we putting his health in jeopardy by waiting?
Thank you for your help.