Suggest remedy for lumps in ear

I recently discovered a lump underneath my left ear, right behind my jaw bone. It does hurt when I press on it. I cannot move it around. This evening I noticed that when I pressed on it in a certain direction, I felt a pulsation going down my jawline. Any ideas what this could be?
Wed, 28 May 2014
Pain Medicine & Palliative Care Specialist 's  Response
This is most likely to be a lymph node which are very common in this area. They can be tender as they arise secondary to infection and inflammation. The pulsation you feel is likely to be your carotid pulse in your neck which is easily palpable in the neck behind the jaw.
The tenderness will settle over the next few days.
Dr K A Pottinger