Suggest remedy for itching on arms and legs

I have severe itching on my arms and legs only. It is sporadic, and once scratched, the skin is a small, open sore that scabs over. The location never itches again, but it will move down my arm or leg to another location. It's uniform on both sides, i.e. if it itches above the knee on the right side, it is the same on the left. This happened during the summer on my arms and chest, and I thought I could be having an allergic reaction to sunblock. Since it's winter and I haven't worn sunblock, I'm assuming this is not the case.
Wed, 13 Jan 2016
Dentist 's  Response
Hi.
Welcome to HEALTHCARE MAGIC..

I have gone through your query and can understand your concerns..

As per your complain itching in arms and legs can be due to a number of causes like Dry skin, allergies, contact dermatitis, eczema, Psoriasis etc..

I would suggest you to consult a Dermatologist and get evaluated and a thorough clinical evaluation and investigations as per suspected cause can help in diagnosis and treatment can be planned accordingly..

As of now you can take anti allergics like Benadryl or Levocetrizine to relieve itching..
You can apply a Steroid ointment to reduce itching..
Do cool compresses over skin..
Apply Calamine lotion to soothe the skin..
Avoid skin cosmetic and maintain good body hygiene..

Hope this information helps..

Thanks and regards.
Dr.Honey Nandwani Arora.