Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
175 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

Suggest remedy for itching and blisters in groin area

Hi doctor,I had protected casual sex with a lady about 4 weeks ago. I went to the bathroom, took off the condom And washed my penis right after. After about 3 hours, i started having serious itching on my penis and scrotum all Over. I week later a spot was itchy again which turned to a collection of small blisters at the base of my penis that turned to a sore and took about a week to heal. Then right after that, another on the bottom of the penis close to the scrotum, then another close to the head and currently a fourth one at the base close to the location of the first one.please what could this be. I experienced this for the first time about 2 years ago after having sex with a girl friend then unprotected. It was only one sore then. I went to the hospital, I did a blood test and a swab of the sore but it was already healing with almost no oozing. The swab tested positive for staphylococcus aureus which I was given antibiotics for. Over the last 2 years, it has reoccurred maybe about 4 time but never have i experiences this small blisters that turn into sores back to back like this.Please what could this be. Thanks.
Mon, 19 Mar 2018
Report Abuse
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response

Can I come to know whether these blisters are painful or painless?

If these blisters are oozing, then I will advise to do culture sensitivity test of that discharge. If they are painful, then you can take tablet Ciprofloxacin, tablet Aceclofenac, tablet Ranitidine, and Neosporin H powder locally after consultation.

Along with that keep private parts clean and keep yourself well hydrated. I will suggest you to review here with detailed history or consult with the dermatologist with reports and do regular follow up.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Shyam B. Kale
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

I received a brazilian wax a few days ago. I wore some really tight form fitting pants the very next day (which is against their advice) and...

Recent questions on  HIV

doctor1 MD

Hi, last night I found a growth on my boyfriend's penis that looks like a mole that has just developed over the past 2 weeks, also, everytime we...

doctor1 MD

I took a test n I m pregnant I ve had unprotected sex with my boyfriend cuz I m on the Nuva ring I had an unexpected 2 nights with my ex the first...

doctor1 MD

Hi I wasn't sure who to ask or what to do about this but i couldn't really ask my parents so I figured this would be the best place and hopefully...

doctor1 MD

My boyfriend and I had sex this morning. We used a condom. He was pulling out as he was ejaculating. The condom got stuck halfway out of my vagina....

doctor1 MD

I just had a mutual masturbation session with a sex worker However she removed her hand from inside her vagina and used it roughly on my penis in a...

doctor1 MD

i bought food the food was in a container with a plastic at the top covering the container how ever i notice the plastic on 1 container was...

doctor1 MD

Dear doctor thanks for your valuable reply however my further query is for last two weeks I have a mild rash under my eye which is persistent and...