Suggest remedy for irregular periods due to PCOD

Please write your question here Hi, Im 23 years old.I have irregualr periods and got diagnosed with PCOD two years back.My doctor advised to take full hormone analysis and my hormone levels turned up satisfactory.I was told that im on the initial stages of PCOD and should take medicines and follow a moderately strict diet.I have been taking ayurvedic medicines since a year back and my doctor advised to stop medication after getting 4-5 regular periods.My periods are regular for the past 9 months and follow 28 days cycle...5 months with medicines and 4 without medicines.I have reduced my weight from 66 to 57.But now again I haven t had my periods since May.Had my last period on April 18th..but no signs till now.Im tensed as im getting married in two months.Will that affect my married life??Are there any possibilities that it may get cured after marriage?? Plz give ur valuable advise
Tue, 19 Jun 2018
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service.
I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

You can live a normal life .Medication is generally prescribed to induce regular periods, thereby reducing the risk of uterine cancer. For acne and excess hair growth, the diuretic spironolactone (Aldactazide) can help. And for women who desire pregnancy, Clomiphene (Clomid) can be used to induce ovulation.
Studies have indicated that diabetic medications that are designed to improve the action of the hormone insulin may benefit women with PCOS. Long-term trials of these insulin-sensitizing drugs such as Avandia (rosiglitazone), Actos (pioglitazone), and Glucophage (metformin) for PCOS are underway. The results appear promising. A type of surgery called a "wedge resection" in which a piece of the ovary is removed also helps some women with PCOS.
The cause of PCOS is unknown. However, the ovaries of women with the disease characteristically contain a large number of small cysts. Hence, the name polycystic ovary.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.