Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
160 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

Suggest remedy for high bp

Hi Doctor My mom is about 62 Yrs and is under medication for Hypertention. She is seeing a cardiologist and he has put her on Losacar 75 mg, Nebuvas 10 mg and Rosuvastatine. But lately she has noticed that her pressure is always around 150/98 max and usually around 140/92. Should we be alarmed?
Fri, 7 Oct 2016
Report Abuse
General & Family Physician 's  Response

Thanks for writing to Health Care Magic, I am Dr Asad Riaz, I have closely read your question and I understand your concerns, I will hereby guide you regarding your health related problem.
HIgh bp is major risk factor for major dseases like IHD,stroke,..HTN can be due to many reasond but most of time it is due to idiopathic tht there is no cause n called essential hypertemsion..some causes can be renal,metabolic,endocrine etc....ideally in high bp pt need bp chrtng twice daily for atelast 5 days n then consider that it is high high bp 1st need to do life style modification include take low fatty diet n low salt diet with dec weigt n inc exercise n monitor bp for upto 6 month n still inc bp then need to to be put on med n then need monitor bp stil to adjust is done for pt who are recently ur mother is already knwn pt of HTN n havng high bp need to optimise dose n still have high readings then add on tx need to be consider n if there underlyng factor that increasing bp may need to eliminate old pt vesel become thick n hard n lead to inc bp while in young it dilate/constrict accodrngly n maintain bp...
I hope this answered your question, if you have more feel free to ask.


Dr.Asad Riaz.
General and Family Physician.
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

I there, my mother just came back from the doctors office with a blood pressure reading of 280 over 130, he told her to go home and take her...