Suggest remedy for hair loss

hi , I am a lady age 40 and since 6 month ago I have noticed a heavy hair lose on my front head , my GP did lots of blood test but couldn t find any reason and finally suggested to use either Ecophane tablet or Minoxidil lotion . but I don t know which one is more effective and have less side effects ??? I would really appreciate if you can advise me Many thanks
Fri, 27 Jul 2018
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

In my experience, I would suggest you to go for Minoxidil solution. It does not cause major side effects. But be patient as the treatment response is gradual and you have to wait for at least 6 months.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.
Dermatologist Dr. Kakkar S.'s  Response

Perhaps you have androgenetic alopecia. It is characterized by hair loss and thinning from the front, mid, and vertex part of the scalp manifesting as a reduced hair volume and widened part width. Minoxidil solution and oral Finasteride are approved remedies for androgenetic alopecia. Treatment is long term and the goal of treatment is to arrest further progression.

Dr. Kakkar S.