• question-icon

Suggest remedy for genital warts

HI DOCTOR ACTUALLY MY YOUNGER SISTER IS HAVING A PROBLEM CALLED GENITAL WARTS.SHE IS 19 YEARS OLD .SHE IS GOING THROUGH THIS PROBLEM FOR MORE THAN 3 WEEKS.KINDLY GUIDE AS WHAT TO DO AS I AM WORRIED FOR HER.DOCTORS HAVE SUGGESTED HER TO GO THROUGH ACID TREATMENT.NEED UR HELP
Thu, 12 Jun 2014
Infectious Diseases Specialist 's  Response
Welcome to HCM,

Genital wart is caused by Human Papillomavirus (HPV), which affects only the skin and it will be localized to the wart.

I would suggest your sister to apply 5% Imiquade cream over the wart on alternate days for 4 months. Before application of this cream you need to apply Vaseline over the wart and then you have to apply the imiquade cream.

Mean while to boost up the immunity she need to take orally capsule Zincolac, daily for 30 days. Once the wart is cleared by topical application of cream she will become free from infection.

Once the wart is cleared by the topical medicines she will become will be non infectious.

During the treatment she should adopt health life style like avoiding unprotected sexual activity, multiple sexual partners and going to commercial sex workers.

Thank you.