Suggest remedy for cough with a taste in mouth

I have been having a dry, nagging cough for 2 days. It didn't bother me other than just being annoying.
Today, I woke up with a tightness in my chest, back and shoulder aches, the same dry cough along with a taste in my mouth. This taste I've had in the past when I have had throat infections (my throat seems to be OK at the moment).
What do I need to do to get over this quick ? At Christmas, I'll be around several small children and some elderly relatives and don't want to pass it to them.
Thank you for your time.
Fri, 19 May 2017
Hi welcome to the health care magic

According to history you are having dry cough since 2 days

Mostly it seems to be allergic cough or viral flu cough

You can prescribed antihistaminic drug for that

If dry cough much troublesome then dextromethorphan containing syrup can be prescribed for that

Avoid excess spicy foods...

Take one tsp ginger juice with honey daily

Vitamin C lozenges can be taken

Hope your concern solved

If no improvement then CBC, throat swab like further work up needed