Suggest remedy for constipation

Hi, may I answer your health queries right now ? Please type your query here...
my baby is 17 months old, she has been constipated on off for 2 months, drs have prescribed mild laxitive to be added to her drinks 3 times day. She continues to pass stool after 5 days, very hard foul smell and very painful for her. She has continuous high temperature off and on for 10 days, she is currently being treated for an upper respiratory viral infection with infected tonsils. She has been on fluids for last 3 days (as she cannot eat cos of her sore throat) and has not passed any stool nor diarrhoea considering she has started a course of amoxycillin today, we control the fever with calpol (paracetamol) and nurofen.
Could constipation have anything to do with the high fever she has been having for the pass 10 days?
Mon, 31 Dec 2018