• question-icon

Suggest remedy for blood clots in urine

My father is 85. He woke up this morning to blood clots in his urine. The urine is very red with multiple clots. He had prostate surgery about 7 years ago. He has had no problems up until now. He has no pain or fever or any other symptoms. we went to our family doctor this morning who said to go to the urologist. We can t get in to the urologist until Monday. Is is alright to wait or do we go to the ER?
Wed, 8 May 2019

The blood clots in urine at 85 can be a sign of underlying bladder issue, tumor or else.

I recommend visiting the ER rather than waiting till Monday for urologist appointment.

Give plenty of liquids till that time for best passage of urine and avoid secondary bacterial infection.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Bhagyesh V. Patel, General Surgeon