• question-icon

Suggest remedy for bad diarrhea followed by throwing up, hot achy body with bloated stomach after intake of medications

I have had very bad diarrhea since 3 pm yesterday. No food left in my body. I am sipping water. I then took a Buscopan at 4 today and some re-hydration fluids and immediately started throwing up. Hot, achy body with distended stomach. My doctor has prescribed Zofer 4 ml, Kantexil and Pantoloc 40ml. My liver hurts and I have a history of being allergic too antibiotics = Ciprobay (Ciplox) Erythomycin and tetracycline but not Penicillin - due to previous bouts of food poisoning like campilerbacter. So I am cautious about taking any drugs and need to know if these can cause long term damage like the Ciprobay did. I am 65 and fit but in the food business so this is part life for me. We think it was from country eggs as this was the only thing my husband did not eat yesterday morning. Instructed to do nil by mouth till tomorrow with just sips of water.
Mon, 29 May 2017
Hi.
Noted the history and understood your concerns.
All the symptoms of bloating, pain in abdomen, diarrhea and then vomiting is obviously due to gastroenteritis.
Since you are allergic to Cipro , terramycin and erythromycin, you can try other medications like Cefixime which act well in intestinal infection under Doctor's guidance.
If Vomiting does not stop you must get admitted for intravenous administration of fluids, electrolytes and antibiotic.
Also take probiotics, multivitamins, pamtoprazole and symptomatic and supportive therapy.