• question-icon

Suggest remedy for adult acne

was diagnosed with adult acne a few years ago with typical extreme redness in the area of the nose and cheeks in the past week have severe attack of acne in the face multible bumps with puss and blood covering cheeks forehead and side of face when picked bleeds and receives some pressure but currently all areas affected are very sensitive to the touch what should i do
Tue, 27 Oct 2015
Dentist 's  Response
Hi...
Welcome to HEALTHCARE MAGIC..

I have gone through your query and can understand your concerns...

As per your complain Acne Vulgaris can occur due to a number of reasons like hormonal imbalances, bacterial infection, oily skin, inflammation, sun exposure etc.
It seems like you have inflammation in your case causing redness..
you should wash your face with salicylic acid or glycolic acid containing face wash.
Apply a thin layer of Clindamycin gel with a combination of benzoyl peroxide gel over the pimples.
You can apply Adapelene gel once at night..
Do cold compresses to reduce inflammation..
Avoid sun exposure..
Avoid chemical containing cosmetics over face and you can apply aloevera gel over face..
You can also go for microdermabrasion and chemical peels containing glycolic acid for resolution..

Hope this information helps..

Thanks and regards.
Dr.Honey Nandwani Arora.