Suggest remedy for addiction to prescription drug

I ve read that taking Prilosec for a prolonged period of time can disrupt the acids in the stomach so having taken it for years on a daily basis, I m trying to stop using it. The misery I ve gone thru this week makes me think that maybe I shouldn t just stop taking them. Is this like an addiction? I m a 63 year old female, about 30 pounds overweight. I lost about 55 pounds two years ago and unfortunately have gained back 20 pounds of that. I did feel better before gaining again but what should I do about getting away from daily or even every other day usage of Prilosec?
Mon, 9 Mar 2015
hi,
prilosec is pretty safe drug..but has its own side effects on a long term use..
you dont need any extra medication to quit thus..
just cut down the dose gradually and slowly over a period of two to three months..you may feel mild symptoms which can be neglected..
divert your mind by taking up some good activity..aerobics walking or cycling(static for your age) may help you..
if this doesnt solve your problem consult a psychiatrist..
hope my answer helped you
if you have any more queries i would be happy to help you..