Suggest remedy for abdominal swelling after having Mirena insertion

Hi, I had a Mirena inserted on Monday (6 days ago). For the first 3-4 days I had abdominal pain, cramping and flat affect. The pain has settled from severe to annoying, however the last few days I have noticed increased abdominal swelling which is now very noticeable. Is the swelling temporary, or will it continue? Is it a sign of a problem?
Thu, 12 Mar 2015
Hello
Thank you for asking the question.
You had inserted IUD for protection. Once you insert it initially you get pain and bleeding, but it settles down within few days.
In your case pain is worsens and there is also abdominal swelling which appears after insertion. So my advice is immediately consult your doctor and do USG to get final diagnosis that it is due to IUD insertion or anything else.
IUD insertion also associated with many complications so don't wait for swelling to subside for itself.
Hope this will helpful to you.