Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
195 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

Suggest remedy for a scar on the hand

i had cut my arms by blade 1 yrs ago till now very deep and these marks are become tuegid and red colour thr i m 18 yrs old .plz help me how to get rid of dat.dont hv money to go 4 expensive treatment i wl b greateful if u tell me the ointment name.
Thu, 9 Jun 2016
Report Abuse
Dermatologist 's  Response
You might have developed a scar following the injury.Topical gel like contratubex can be used over the affected area. You must avoid fiddling with or pricking the area.You must avoid trauma in future as your skin has a tendency to heal with scarring. Oral Vitamin E preparations like Cap.Evion may also help.Consult with your dermatologist regarding the above mentioned therapy. Regards
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

Hi doctor my 11 month old son put his hand in hot water and sustained burns and it got blisters . we have taken him to the Hospital and the doctor...