Suggest remedy for a non displaced fibula fracture

I turned my ankle about 3 weeks ago, I thought it was just a sprain so I just put a brace on it but it hasn t gotten any better so I went to urgent care today and had an x-ray. They said that it showed a non displaced fibula fracture, that looked like it was trying to heal. They referred me to an orthopedic doctor, what should I expect?
Wed, 9 Mar 2016
hello
For fracture of lower end fibula, a walking plaster cast may be applied for 6 weeks fr imobilization to promote union of bone.Also walk with a walking stick after plaster to take weight off the ankle.It will heal
best wishes