Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
179 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

Suggest remedies for streptococcus B infection

hello, I recently found out that I have streptococcus b found by swab I am 55 female. the doctor that said I have it said no vaginosis but the other doctor found vaginoses in urine dip. what serious illness can be associated with step b as said o your website? should my husband be tested? I am taking 1500 pennicilan for 3 days. thank you
Fri, 12 Jul 2019
Report Abuse
General & Family Physician 's  Response

Yes, in case of invasive GBS with UTI associated infections, both the partners need to be treated.

It will be better if your husband also gets all the investigations done so that he can be also treated if any pathology is detected.

Treatment with Penicillin or Ampicillin is very effective. Other medications that effectively treat GBS is Clindamycin or Erythromycin.

Both the partners should control the blood sugar levels if diabetic. Diabetes triggers GBS. Elderly couple are at a greater risk of GBS, stay connected with your treating doctor.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Take care

Dr Nupur K, General & Family Physician
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

I have tested positive for streptococcus. With it I have huge pustules on my right tonsil in my throat. They cause my to gag at times and are quite...