Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
158 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

Suggest remedies for fungal infection in penis

I am in relationship with someone and done unprotected sex several times and now I came to know that she is professional cal girl From last two months Me and my partner feel itching and reddish and fungal at my pennis after intercource. As per doctor advice I have taken Tab Nipcan 150 mg (4 tab in 2 week) and apply candid. It results but repeats. Pls advice me what I have to do and suggestions for lab test
Tue, 1 Oct 2019
Report Abuse
HIV AIDS Specialist 's  Response

Candidal balanoposthitis after unprotected sex with a sex worker could be a marker for some other STIs. Rule out this possibility with appropriate tests with guidelines from your physician.

Continue the same line of management for another two weeks. If you are married already, your spouse is also to be treated Till then abstinence from sex is mandatory.

Look for certain predisposing factors like Diabetes, immune suppression, drugs etc.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Take care

Dr S. Murugan, HIV AIDS Specialist
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

hi doc. last week im on a camping at a beach. im pretty busy at that time. i dont have time to wash my underwear. i wear the same underwear for...