The answer to your question is that you should probably send the baby to the ER depending on the signs and symptoms.
is very toxic and very small amounts of it could cause problems in infants and young babies. The signs and symptoms of mild intoxication include dizziness
, increased sweating, tremors, high blood pressure
, etc. whereas severe intoxication could lead to seizures.
Therefore, if you notice the above signs and symptoms then prompt immediately for the ER.
Otherwise, it is very probably, that the amount ingested has been relatively small and no problems will occur.
Just to be safe, call your local doctor or emergency service and explain the situation to them and then follow their instructions.
Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.
Dr. Ervin Toçi, General & Family Physician