Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
131 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

Suggest permanent treatment for fungal infection

hello sir, im sajida age 38 years old ,i have detbites last 4 years in control,and i suffring from fungal infection last 2 years, inner thigh under arm,and under brest and below side ,i used tyza-m jel, tyza powder still its not cure.kindly suggest me how to permenently cure for fungal infection. thank u
Tue, 10 Feb 2015
Report Abuse
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Dear Sajida,
This is Dr. Papaqako answering your question.
Thank you for posting your question to HCM.

I'm sorry to read that your fungal infection has been lasting for such a long time. These infections are hard to treat, need a treatment for long times, and at the same time is very important to be careful of taking care locally of the skin.

-- Most important is to keep the affected area as dry as possible. You may have noticed that the infection has the tendency to get spread to areas that are sweat in general. Tyza Powder is a good medicine so continue to use it.
-- Use the medicines regularly: the cream 1-2/day and the powder too. Make sure to not skip days, and also to apply the cream 1-2 cm out of the border of the red infected skin, thick layer.
-- Since in your case it is taking long time to heal, and you have it spread in large surface of your skin, I would recommend to use systemic treatment/ oral tablets. A very effective treatment is: Terbinafine 250 mg/day for 2-4 weeks. You may need a prescription from your doctor to take that treatment in the pharmacy.

Let me know if I can help with anything else.
Take care.
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

this is related to dermatologist I am suffering with fungus infection since longer time approx 3 yrs. By Dr. suggestion I am using Lobate GM. But...