Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
176 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

Suggest not surgical treatment for phimosis on the foreskin

Hi I am 66 years old and since last one and half month say approx 40 to 45 days i am having foreskin problem and before that i didnot had any problem.I consulted one allopathy dr.and as per him i am suffering from phimosis and should go for surgery but i donot want to go for that.Yesterday i had been to homeopathy doctor.So far i have taken only doses but now there is too much swelling as well as pain in the foreskin.I have applied thr cream " NIZRAL CREAM (KETOCONAZOLE CREAM)" SO PLEASE ADVISE ME SHOULD I CONTINUE WITH HOMEOPATHY MEDICINE OR IS THERE OTHER CREAM WHICH CAN CURE MY PROBLEM.MOREOVER WHAT I FEEL IS IS I AM INFECTION WHICH HAS OCCURED BECAUSE OF MY WIFE WHO WAS HAVING LADIES PROBLEM AS WELL AS URINE INFFECTION. ANY HOW YOU ARE THE BEST JUDGE TO ADVISE ME WHAT TO DO. MY EMAIL ADDRESS IS YYYY@YYYY Thanks in anticipation and kindly reply at very very earliest cause i am too much worried as well nervous.Once again Thanking you. MANOHAR
Thu, 7 Nov 2019
Report Abuse
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Sexologist 's  Response

The simple way to treat phimosis is to know the cause of the issue. It can be due to infected smegma, a bacterial infection. Share a picture for confirmation. Circumcision will give you complete cure.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Take care

Dr S.R.Raveendran, Sexologist
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

I m am a 21 year old boy suffering from phimosis. i started noticing the condition this condition around 4 years back before which i had a normal...

Recent questions on  Circumcision

doctor1 MD

Hi i was having a bath i retract ma foreskin and then i realise my penis began to bleed when i try to was away the blood it hurts, it bleed for...

doctor1 MD

there is white deposition between foreskin n glans penis....its bit sticky.....white deposition is there when i skip bath for even one day...

doctor1 MD

my penis is bend little bit to left side its not from my childhood but i m having it when i was 10 yr old. please tell me what should i do...

doctor1 MD

my son is 3yrs old and has hidden penis syndrome... he s had this since birth/circumcision. We were told this would go away as the fatty skin went...

doctor1 MD

I am 30 years old. I just had circumcision in August. From October I started developing brown/black patches on the penis glans . The patches are...

doctor1 MD

I'm 25 and have never retracted foreskin from penis gland( mild phimosis ). When I do touch it it hurts( probably cuz I've never exposed my head in...

doctor1 MD

Hi there Dr. Kakkar, I have asked you a question before about pumps on my penis. I went to see a local doctor and he confirmed your diagnosis and...