Suggest normal values of BP inspite of having mildly high BP

Yes. I am 59 years old, male, 180cm 88kg, athletic and run around 20km per week since 2009, weights, hundreds of pushups, situps every day and very heavy squats (70kg). I take no medications, drink slightly too much, don t smoke, all recent blood workup results are very good (sugar, thyroid, liver, kidneys, fats, prostate, electrolytes etc). My pulse rate at rest is around 40-44, no irregularities, but my BP at surgery was as high as 160/100. I have purchased a reputable BP monitor (A&D 1010 with large cuff as my biceps are around 35cm) and taking three times in the morning, the BP starts at 150/95 progressively down to as low as 136/88 (this morning). The Dr was alarmed enough at my surgery BP to ask me to buy a monitor, yet the monitor shows BP at the surgery heights down to 136/88 if I take the BP say 3 or 4 times progressively. Question: If one has hypertension, can the BP display at normal s/d or is there a basement s/d beyond which the BP cannot drop, ever? I.E, if I have hypertension, is it possible to show 136/88 ever or is there a bottom limit which is always hypertensive?
Wed, 28 Jan 2015