Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
197 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction
  • question-icon

    Suggest non-surgical treatment for an enlarged goitre

I m a Thyriod age is 26 years.i have two cyst in my right side which is too little and my left side goitre is enlarged near about 3.2 cm. no malligent cell is found . Do u have any treatment without operation. Do u have any medicine which is decrease my goiter and no side effect or don t harm my other organism. Pls give a proper solution. Give a best doctor address who can help me Fatema Yasmin
Tue, 14 Jan 2020
Report Abuse
General & Family Physician 's  Response

Surgery is the only treatment option. You can go for a thyroid function test to check the hormonal status.

A fine needle biopsy is also required to know the nature of the swelling (whether it is cancerous or not). Consult a general surgeon and get evaluated.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Take care

Dr Shinas Hussain, General & Family Physician
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

The doctor is wanting to remove the prostrate gland. It is enlarged, but not cancerous. Why remove the entire gland? Also, I have a stone in the...