• question-icon

Suggest non-surgical treatment for an enlarged goitre

I m a Thyriod patient.my age is 26 years.i have two cyst in my right side which is too little and my left side goitre is enlarged near about 3.2 cm. no malligent cell is found . Do u have any treatment without operation. Do u have any medicine which is decrease my goiter and no side effect or don t harm my other organism. Pls give a proper solution. Give a best doctor address who can help me Fatema Yasmin
Tue, 14 Jan 2020

Surgery is the only treatment option. You can go for a thyroid function test to check the hormonal status.

A fine needle biopsy is also required to know the nature of the swelling (whether it is cancerous or not). Consult a general surgeon and get evaluated.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr Shinas Hussain, General & Family Physician