Suggest medicines to control PCOD

hi, i am suffering from PCOD, and this has led to tremendous hair fall and abnormal hair growth in unwanted areas. I am having trouble reducing weight. Though i am not very bulky but still i heard to keep pcod in control i need to reduce weight. Also, what medication should i take to control PCOD?
Fri, 31 Jul 2020
OBGYN, Maternal and Fetal Medicine 's  Response

I will advise you to start metformin tablet 1000 mg once daily to continue for 1 month. Also, I would suggest you to start a course of oral contraceptive pills for 3 months course.

Take care. Hope I have answered your question. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Sujoy S. Bhattacharjee, OBGYN, Maternal and Fetal Medicine