Suggest medicines for constipation

SIR I AM SUFFERING FROM MAJOR CONSTIPATION FROM CHILDHOOD AND DUE TO THIS SEVERE GAS IS FORMED AND WHICH LEADS TO SEVERE HEADACHE AND NAUSEA AND CONSTIPATION EVEN LASTS UPTO 5 DAYS . I HAVE TAKEN MANY TREATMENTS TILL DATE BUT NONE OF THEM WORKED AND RECENTLY I GOT MY SONOGRAPHY DONE BUT IT WAS NORMAL TOO . CURRENTLY I AM TAKING DUPHALAC SYRUP IN MORNING , IBSET 5MG TAB IN AFTERNOON AND CREMAFFIN PLUS IN NIGHT . BUT THAT TOO IS NOT SHOWING RESULTS . PLEASE SUGGEST ME REGARDING THE SAME.
Mon, 1 Oct 2018
Pulmonologist 's  Response

Since your ultrasound examination of abdomen is normal, possibility of functional constipation is more likely. And it is commonly seen stress and anxiety. Your other symptoms, nausea, headache are also seen with stress and anxiety. So in my opinion, you should definitely consult psychiatrist and get done counseling sessions. Try to identify stressor in your life and start working on its solution.

You may need anxiolytic drugs like Propranolol or Flunarizine combination. You should also start Librax and Pantoprazole for symptomatic relief. Don't worry, you will be alright with all these. Avoid stress and tension, be relax and calm.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar, Pulmonologist