Suggest medication to avoid pregnancy

Hi good morning, i am 24 year old working mom and I would like to ask if i can use contraceptive pills even it is not my first day of menstruation? My husband will arrived on 3rd week of January 2015 and i need to take contraceptive pill to avoid pregnancy. please help me thank you.
Mon, 8 Aug 2016
OBGYN, Maternal and Fetal Medicine 's  Response
Hello
Health care magic user
I understood your concern and My opinion is that you can start contraceptive pill up to 3 days of starting period if you start late than chances of success is less
Another option is also there to avoid pregnancy like you can go for barrier contraceptive like condoms

I hope my answers help you
Thanks