Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
125 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

Suggest medication for spinal injury

I am a 61-year-old female. I have some osteoporosis. I had a blocked bile duct and had an ERCP two weeks ago. Very painful stomach afterwards. Those pains have subsided. I still have a bile duct stent in for another month. Post-procedure I see that I am suffering from gradual onset mid-back pain after an eight-hour work day, and this pain is accompanied by breathlessness. My heart is fine. I m on a very low-fat diet because of two past occurrences of ideopathic acute pancreatitis complicated by sphincter of oddi disorder. I weigh 124 pounds at 5 3 . My back is weak and I sleep comfortably on an adjustable bed. I told the hospital to be careful with me, but the anesthetic knocks you out and they roll you into position. They really did a number on my spine. It s hard for me to breath with my spine hurting this way by the end of the day. Help!
Mon, 22 Oct 2018
Report Abuse
General & Family Physician 's  Response

Consult a neurologist and get evaluated.

As of now, analgesics like Aceclofenac or Tramadol can be taken for pain relief.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Shinas Hussain,
General & Family Physician
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

Hello, I had an accident at work, and trolley has smashed into my spine, had xray and they found I have got bad arthritis and the accident has...