Suggest medication for severe pain after a colon polyp removal surgery

Thank You, my mother is 90 yrs. old. shes having surgery for colon/reneal failure polyps to be removed. Shes under a lot of pain. I assumed cause it might be cancerous that Dr. Khristian A Noto Colon/Rectal failure MD prescribed a pain killer 100 mg every 12 hrs according to her pain. It starts with a T that's all I know can you please tell me what it might be and the side effects?
Thu, 26 Jul 2018
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

Tablet may be Tramadol so you can use it twice a day for five days. If symptoms not improved please consult your doctor he will examine and treat you accordingly.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.