Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
148 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

Suggest medication for muscle pain

yes have been to many doctor but they cant find anything over a period on 7 yrs im have weekness of muscle and muscle pain im 42 years of age at its get worse now when im not working I mostly sleep because of feeling so week I have to make myself get up just to go to worku please tell me want kind of doctor I need to see or do you have any answer to what could be happening to me thank you,
Tue, 15 Nov 2016
Report Abuse
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
It could be chronic fatigue syndrome or fibromyalgia.see a fibromyalgia specialist in fibromyalgia clinic and a general physician for requisite blood tests like CPK-M, serum LDH, lactic acid level in muscles.An Electromyography by a neurophysiologist for muscle assessment shall be useful
A neurologist can also do this.
If history of glandular fever or infectious mononucleosis is there ,done by paul bunnel test, then chance for chronic fatigue syndrome is there.treatment is by exercises, walking,nutritious diets
Best wishes
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

is there one medication that can be used for both a muscle relaxant and sever pain chroin pain. I have been going on for years to get a definite...