Suggest medication for migraine

I suffer from migraine since last twenty years .. I have tried topomac , Sibelius etc but have found no relief. The doctor has prescribed divaa .. I am also concerned about my weight . Will divaa help ? What are the side effects .. Is wright gain also a died effect? I am fifty years old female
Sat, 15 Mar 2014
Ophthalmologist 's  Response
Hello
It seems from the history that you are diagnosed with migraine and on treatment with topomac and divaa.
Divaa is sodium valproate basically used for treatment of depression and seizures.
Divaa is known to cause weight gain.
Hence consult your doctor if you are having this side effect for prescription of a alternative drug.

Thank you