Suggest medication for high fever

Hello Doctor- my son (2 years 5 months) is getting HIGH fever (102 to 103 degrees) since Last Thursday every 6 hours, we have started Oflomac suspension based on our Doctor s advise (since Saturday night) but there is no relive from fever- just want to understand if antibiotic Ofomac suspension is suitable?
Mon, 8 Sep 2014
Hello
Thank You for contatcing HCM.

It depends upon the type of infection patient is suffering from. Different antibiotics are for different diseases caused by different microorganisms. Without knowing the root cause one can not prescribe an antibiotic.

As your child is having High grade fever, i would recommend you to do cold water sponging to bring temperature at a lower level.

Hope this answers your question. If you have additional questions or follow
up questions then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy
to answer your questions. If you do not have any clarifications, you can
close the discussion and rate the answer.

Wishing him good health.