Suggest medication for fever and chills

I developed fever and chills with some body aches three days ago. I have been taking Cipro 500 mgs. twice daily since Thursday evening. I continue to have episodes for sweating and developed a dry hacking cough two days ago. Heaviness in the chest and basically fever fatigued and letharagic with a runny nose. I have also been taking Flu and Cold. One year ago I received a pacemaker, have Tyoe 2 Diabetes. I did receive a Pneumonia and Flu injection at that time. I was wondering if I might have Pneumonia. I feeling like I am having trouble moving in air.
Mon, 3 Nov 2014
Pulmonologist 's  Response
Thanks for your question on HCM.
In my opinion you should get done blood report (CBC) and chest x ray to rule oit infection in the lungs. Possibility of lung infection is more because
1. Fever with chills and dry hacking cough is seen in lung infection.
2. You are diabetic so chances of infection are more.
3. Your flu vaccine is a year ago, so coverage is over.
So you are quite prone to lung infection so we have to rule out this first.
If chest x ray is normal than malaria should be rule out as fever with chills is there.
So better to consult doctor and discuss all these.