There is a connecting tract (known as Eustachian tube) between the nasopharynx
& middle ear through which infection can spread to ear.
Also obstruction to this Eustachian tube, secondary to an upper respiratory tract
, cold & congestion, can lead to blockage/ discomfort in ear by causing un-equalisation of pressure between the nasopharynx & middle ear.
1. Antihistamine preparations like Allegra
2. Decongestant nasal drops.
3. Antibiotics based on culture & sensitivity reports.
4. Anti tussive preparations for symptomatic relief from cough.
5. Warm salt water gargle & Steam inhalation.
6. Maintenance of adequate hydration & nutrition status of the body.
7. Protection from cold, dust & other allergens.
So, kindly consult an ENT Specialist
and start treatment as advised.
Wish you good health & a speedy recovery.