Suggest medication for chronic migraines

sir, my sister age 35 suffering from migraine from last 5-7 years.

she is in ranchi pls. suggest me what i have to do.

she faced this problem in 1 time in one or two months. if she take a pain killer before starting the pain then she get relax others wiser she survive this pain two or three day

Tue, 2 Sep 2014
Diabetologist 's  Response
That sure sounds like migraine.
There are many medicines that can be given to her to reduce the frequency of headaches. That way the headache will not start at all

In case the pain has initiated, she does the right thing to tae the painkillers as soon as possible. The pain killers should always be taken with antacids. The pain killers can hurt the stomach a lot

Also, I will suggest an MRI brain, if not previously done
This is to rule out any other significant lesion
A good neurologist may be available at CIP Ranchi.
You can get the prophylactic medicine prescription from there

Best of luck
Please feel free to ask a follow up query
Dr Mittal

If Found "helpful", please indicate so