Suggest medication for chicken pox

hello doctor, Greetings I am sonya from Bangladesh, glad to talk and hear to you for the concerning query. My friend(male) is suffering from Harpic chicken pox from last 3 days he is 27 years old..he got bad pains on the blisters.. he is taking virux,gaba,azimex,triptil (tab)..varux gel also...is the medicine was okay for him or he needs more treatment?
Thu, 7 Jul 2016
Hi
Thank you for asking HCM
I have gone through your query. The treatment you are taking for herpes zoster is proper. This has antiviral drug acyclovir (virux) tab and gel which acts against the virus. Azimex (azithromycin) helps against secondary bacterial infection of rashes. Triptil and gaba helps in neuropathic pain. If there is no improvement in pain and rash then you can have a review with your doctor as he/she may add narcotic pain relievers or corticosteroids along with this.

Hope this may help you. Let me know if anything not clear.
Thanks.