Suggest medication for Vertigo,chronic fatigue and memory loss

HELP!!..running in circles at my age?!? I m a 23yo female who is losing her mind....what s left of it at least... Since I was young (aged 4+) I ve always had chronic fatigue, chronic joint pain, chronic ear infections, chronic bladder infections (led to hospitalization with kidney infection at aged 4), etc. At ages 7 and 10 I ve had two sets of tubes in my ears, at 14 I had a polynoidal cyst removed from the base of my spine, at 15 was diagnosed with chronic migraines, 18 was told I had bad vertigo, and also had my BP at pick a number, any number values. At 20, I began losing massive weight, had a touch of petechial rash followed by a platelt count drop of 199k-91k in 3 months then 91k-5k in 23 days...ITP was diagnosed as well as positive ANAs and 6months of prednisone (90mg/day) and 60lbs later, I m stuck in a rut....at 21 I was diagnosed as being ...one of 2-3% of people in the world with chronic, incurable migraines... according to the drs notes. I m 23, in college, having more than just senior moments/forgetfullness, my neuralgia issues are constant, I have always been itchy with sunlight, but last year I developed welts (non itchy, not raised) welts in sun exposed areas (all yr round). On top of just that, in cold my fingers and toes turn blue, my mouth and eyes are always dry (feels like I m dehydrated), my hormones are wonky and taking meds to help isn t helping, and I get a uber heavy menses on top (5 cups/day is not normal)... What worries me most is that the chronic fatigue and memory loss isn t helping me any as a college student. Some days I can t leave the house due to massive pain in my body or the debilitating migraines or I m allergic to the sun. Some days I can t remember what I did 5min before, or remember how to spell my own name... I want to find out what s wrong and move on in my life....I m always going one step fwd and getting shoved two steps back... I know this is not really a question, but a plea of help to anyone willing to help...I m 23 trapped in a 85yo body...I had more issues at 22 than my grandmother at 87...not lying....we compared notes.... -Anna S-
Wed, 14 Jul 2021

I did review your inquiry about your chronic incurable migraines, memory loss and significant fatigue. I’m not sure all of the medication you’ve tried for migraines in the past, I’m assuming you’ve tried medication such as the triptans. They did recently come out with a newer class of anti-migraine medication, probably the most notable one that is being used is called Emgality. I can certainly understand your frustration that must be very difficult to deal with on a regular basis.

Some other options to consider our older medication‘s that we generally reserve for seizure disorders, such as Tegretol or even Lamictal. I’m not sure if any of your neurologist have ever considered those. With regard to the memory loss I do have one somewhat antidotal suggestion. There is a natural supplement called Huperazine A, that is found to work by inhibiting a certain enzyme called acetylcholinesterase. This is actually one of the medications they use for certain types of dementia as it increases memory formation both short and long term.

Take care. Hope I have answered your question. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. David Girardi, Internal Medicine Specialist