• question-icon

Suggest medication for Neuralgia

I have MS just changed to secondary progressive after 24 years but my face pain kills me am on oxycarmazepeine which helps but still get attacks. Finding my mobility is much worse after taking medication. I get a pain in groin which then transfers to the right hand side of my face possibly trigeminal; neuralgia although my specialist says my pain is odd seems to attack if I fall asleep during the day. My neurologist wants to put me on a new drug Eslicarmazepine am worried dont know if a ganglion lesion might be my best bet but as Im not typical neuralgia, atypical aparently the pain is destroying my life and my lack of mobiljty which I think is drug related. Thanks
Mon, 9 Dec 2019
Cardiologist 's  Response

I would recommend trying carbamazepine and gabapentine, before switching to eslicarbazepine. Another treatment option, would be duloxetine (combined with oxcarbamazepine).

Hope I have answered your question. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Ilir Sharka, Cardiologist